Maine has some of the highest rates of asthma in the country. About 1 in 9 Mainers currently has asthma, compared to 1 in 12 nationally. Tracking asthma helps identify groups of people at high risk for asthma or with the highest burden of asthma and provide communities and health care providers with the data they need to develop and evaluate efforts to help prevent and control asthma.
What data are available?
Maine tracks the following measures associated with asthma:
- Emergency Department (ED) Visits
- Prevalence of asthma diagnosis
Where can I find more information about asthma?
- Find out about asthma management and prevention in Maine.
- Find asthma data from other states on the National Tracking Network.
- Get asthma information from national agencies and organizations: U.S. CDC, U.S. EPA, American Lung Association.