What public water supply data are available on the data portal?
The data portal contains water quality data about usage and contaminant levels for public water supplies.
- Public Water Use
- Disinfection Byproducts
Data are summarized for the entire state for the years 1999-2015. For each contaminant, explore mean or maximum concentration levels for full years or quarterly by year.
Did you know that more than half of Maine homes rely on private, residential wells for drinking water? The Maine Tracking Network also has data about the water quality of private wells, homes with private wells, and homes that have tested their well water.
Drinking water quality is a measure of how safe water is to drink; safe drinking water is essential to our health. Maine tracks statewide levels of certain contaminants in public water supplies to determine changes in contaminant levels over time.
Where can I find more information about water quality?
- Private well water data are also available on the Maine Tracking Network
- Find water quality data from other states on the National Tracking Network
- Learn about water quality and the regulation of public water supplies in Maine from the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Find national information about drinking water from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the National Sanitation Foundation
- Get information about private well water and how to test well water from the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention