What birth outcomes data are available on the data portal?
- Growth Retardation (Low Birth Weight Births)
- Infant Deaths
- Preterm Births
- Ratio of Male to Female Births
Data are available for single and combined years for 2000-2015.
To help determine if of reproductive health outcomes differ between geographic areas of the state. From these data we can begin to examine factors that may account for these differences, such as access to and levels of care, as well as maternal personal and behavioral characteristics.
Where can I find more information about birth outcomes?
- Search birth outcomes data from other states on the National Tracking Network
- Visit the Maine Center for Disease Control's Children with Special Health Needs program website
- Learn more about Maine's vital statistics data from the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Get information from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on reproductive health or birth defects and developmental disabilities